Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Less serious topics and relaxing chat

TOPIC: Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986531

• Buzz Newsman
  • Buzz Newsman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Expert Buzzer
  • Well said received: 12
  • Honor Medal 2010
It is now unclear whether Ms Markle's father will walk her down the aisle when she marries Prince Harry.

Image copyright Daily Mail/SOLOIt is unclear whether Meghan Markle's father Thomas will walk her down the aisle on Saturday as planned.
Mr Markle is reported to have told journalists at his home in Mexico that he had decided not to attend his daughter's wedding to Prince Harry.
Kensington Palace issued a statement saying it was "a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle".
It follows Mail on Sunday reports that Ms Markle's father had staged pictures for a paparazzi photographer.
The widely circulated photographs showed him being measured for a wedding suit and looking at newspaper stories about his daughter.
He is reported to have said that he didn't want to cause his daughter embarrassment by attending the wedding. A Kensington Palace spokesman said: "This is a deeply personal moment for Ms Markle in the days before her wedding.
"She and Prince Harry ask again for understanding and respect to be extended to Mr Markle in this difficult situation."

Original Source BBC World News - Click Here to see the full article

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986539

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 5436
  • Honor Medal 2010
The media is out to get him. Shame. Poor Meghan.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Yo, JUJO

You can have your cake and eat it but it tastes better if you bake it yourself.

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986541

• Pats
  • Admin
  • Admin
  • Well said received: 12526
  • Honor Medal 2010
This is a terrible blow to a bride on the run up to her wedding day.:(
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Aida

Happy to help.

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986590

• pascalou
  • Away
  • Well said received: 11284
  • Honor Medal 2010
I take it as an act of love. I am sure that both father and daughter are taking the best decision with Meghan's best interest at heart on her wedding, if such is the case Meghan should not be upset, and it does not prevent her from having a seperate private party with her father's family on other terms.

From what we read on News Feed etc.. it does seem that her half brother is a major embarrassment , disgrace and gossip that I am glad she did not invite...

But he seeems so upset that he can not refrain from giving interviews and trashing her anyway he can, nice bro!

Smile to life and life will smile back at you.
Last Edit: by pascalou.

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986698

• Polliyana
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 4729
  • Honor Medal 2010
Why is anyone surprised ?
The following user(s) said Well Said: Rhett1

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986700

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010
Ammunition for the anti Meghan brigade ! Weddings are potential hotbeds of family rivalry and under the surface resentment. Most families have a spiteful aunt or an embarrassing uncle. All families are vulnerable to this, Royal or otherwise. I remember the criticism hurled at Carol Middleton because she chewed gum and referred to the the lavatory as the toilet ! How dreadful !
After Kate and William's wedding there was a photo of Carol looking fabulous on the front page of a well known newspaper with the caption :
That showed 'em !

Hold your head up, Meghan. You are young, beautiful and you have Harry.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Yo

Last Edit: by Aida.

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986752

• Vienna
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 1302
  • Honor Medal 2010
Certainly not surprised by any story the Daily Mail has a hand in...
The following user(s) said Well Said: Yo

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986760

• Eira
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 7291
  • Honor Medal 2010
Poor lass.
The run up to the wedding day is stressful enough for any bride, especially if it's going to be a big event with lots of guests. The last thing Meghan needs is the press and public interest rubbing salt into the wounds of personal family matters - why don't the press just butt out and let them get on with organising things in peace - there'll be time enough to comment on the wedding details on the day itself - no doubt there'll be endless discussion on who attended, what they wore etc as well on comment on the bride.

She's a braver woman than me - I would have opted for a quiet wedding, with just close family and friends - and sod the intrusive press and nosey public!
I'm sure all will go well on the day - and if Meghan is hurt by some of the comments made by her disloyal extended family and by the press, she won't let it show, and I hope it doesn't sour their special day.
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, pascalou, Vegemite Kid, Aida

Step by step, one goes a long way.

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986767

• Annette
  • Away
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Well said received: 3399
  • Honor Medal 2010

Polliyana wrote: Why is anyone surprised ?

I dont know, after all, quite a few people have trashed Miss Markle for being a ┬┤half bred┬┤ and her father to be a drunk.

Maybe these people are responsible for depriving a young bride ftom having her father at her side on her weddingday?

LEAVER DEA AS SLAEF !

Royal wedding: Meghan's father may not attend ceremony 1 week 1 day ago #2986792

• Aida
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Titanium Buzzer
  • Honor Medal 2010

Vienna wrote: Certainly not surprised by any story the Daily Mail has a hand in...

The best use of the Daily Mail and The Mail on Sunday is cut into small squares to hang on a nail in the toilet ( sorry, I mean lavatory ).
The following user(s) said Well Said: Annette, Vienna

Last Edit: by Aida.
Moderators: MikePatssmilesrus10pascalou
Time to create page: 0.530 seconds

Over 50 forums just for seniors Join Free here!

Buzz50 is one of the few sites where the forums are strictly restricted to those who are over 50 only.

Our senior forums are run by over 50s purely for over 50s to enjoy. If you like serious or even light hearted discussions then this is the place for you.